The successful, on-time, on-budget completion of an infrastructure development project depends upon the safe and timely delivery of key items of equipment by sea, air, road, rail or any combination of these. The ability to manage the risks associated with these shipments from manufacturer’s premises to their ultimate destination is critical to the completion of the venture.
CSL provides coordinated cargo risk management – a complete service from dispatch to final delivery, supervising the transportation and handling processes involved with multi modal transport.
CSL recognises the importance of managing costs throughout the project lifecycle, and has been a market leader in the provision of fixed price fee solutions which enable clients to achieve an effective level of risk management intervention within pre-agreed financial parameters.
At the core of the CSL service is a project managed solution focusing on effective communications and data management, combined with expert hands-on intervention and procedural control. The service ensures timely access for project participants to appropriate key information. CSL use a global network of our own highly experienced, specialist personnel and established network partners.
At CSL we work together with key project participants, our local and international project coordinators and surveyors to overcome operational challenges as well as those of language, culture and geography.
The CSL Projects team has high levels of technical and operational expertise and work to defined and agreed service standards. All work is controlled by experienced and qualified managers, all having practical sea-going, transportation and/or logistics management experience.
Key features of CSL’s Project Cargo services:
• Development and delivery of bespoke risk management programmes
• Fixed price fee contracts
• Identifying key risk components
• Analysis of critical items
• Shipping procedure consultancy
• Passage planning and route reviews
• Loading and transhipment procedures throughout the transit chain
• Road, rail, sea and air cargo operations; stowage, lashing and securing
• Monitoring the ocean transit
• Discharge procedures throughout the transit chain
• Monitoring the inland transit and all associated cargo handling and securing procedures
• Destination site review from a cargo perspective
• Contingency planning and crisis management
CSL Projects complements our other specialist risk management services allowing clients to build solutions to best fit their needs. These services include;
• Heavy Lift
• Supply Chain
• Claims Services
For further information about this and other CSL services,
please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org